Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

cheating

on 1 night after training... I had a conversation with some friends...

have you ever feel so angry and jealous of your classmates when your tests/quizzes/assignments came out with low marks???
1. jealous - because they get higher grades than yours...
2. angry - because they get higher grades in wrong ways = CHEATING aka COPYING

I remember this one really damn well because it was SO CONTRADICTING with my principle back then... it was 2004... a friend once quoted "YOU'RE A TOTAL IDIOT IF YOU DONT CHEAT/COPY WHEN YOU CLEARLY HAVE THE CHANCE"
that was 2004's story...
when I was struggling with my carry marks during my 2nd year of degree... a friend told me what our favourite lecturer told him... "BETTER COPY OTHERS' ASSIGNMENT IF YOU CANNOT FINISH IT ON TIME SO THAT IT WOULD NOT COST YOU YOUR MARKS"(*this is not how the lecturer conveyed the message... but this is what I understood from the conversation... the lecturer might be meaning to tell something else, but you get the point~)
another friend told me how his lecturer used to tell him that "YOU ARE LESS A FOOL IF YOU CHEAT IN YOUR TESTS, BUT YOU ARE AN EXTREME FOOL IF YOU CHEAT, AND GET CAUGHT RED HANDED"

so is it okay to cheat? it's an open-ended question... no answers are right, nor wrong~
it all comes back to INTEGRITY~
but integrity 24/7 wont bring us anywhere... at least that is what I thought...
sometimes, we need to take the back door...
it's easy~ TO KILL, or TO BE KILLED(*I really love this phrase- expect more of this later on)
when you cheat, doesnt mean you are wrong... but it doesnt mean that you are right either...
but depending on the situation, the cheating might just help your ass out...
I'm not asking people to start cheating... especially the students - including me~
but trust me, we are already cheating in the first place...

I don't know about you guys... but I'd like to conclude that CHEATING IS OK IN A MODERATE WAY~


p/s - quoted from someone... "I'm less interested whether you are cheating or not in your test... what's important is how you are going to apply everything you've learnt in your life"

0 comments:

Post a Comment