Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

event #1 INTERNSHIP

industrial training aka IT...

if I were given a chance to turn back time, I will never pick palm oil mill!!!
when I 1st came to the mill, I have to admit that I had a very big expectation...
but I was turned down immediately...
why?
THE MANAGEMENT WAS VERY POOR!!!

I met the mill manager the next day and we had a less than 10 minutes discussion...
maybe I was the one to be blamed but I just dont know what else to ask... it's normal for a first timer... but it's not normal for the seasoned 1... I was not the 1st trainee... they should have known better~

I received my schedule 2 weeks after that... and thanks to my perseverance... I went to see the mill manager everyday asking for it... I am not blaming the mill manager... it's the clerk!!! and she always had this annoying expression whenever I asked for something...

ok fine~ bottom line, I still got the schedule... but hey~ the guideline was more into mechanical engineering... I was not surprised because the mill manager did asked what course I'm in... and when I told him I'm a BIOPROCESS ENGINEERING student, he showed me a face(read: what? you're not a mechanical engineering student? then what are you doing here?????) but he perfectly covered that by saying it's okay because I am learning... good point!

ok... I'll make this short... I did managed to study the whole process and understand every departments function... I did some hand jobs, a simple one though... bla bla bla~
my point is... I gained so little!!!! I am not complaining(actually I am) but giving me works that weren't my field is ridiculous!!! I ended up doing those works for the sake of completing the 6 months period of IT!!!I'm not applying what I've learnt theoretically in class... I was learning something new but with no guides!!! dont accused me of being ignorant... I did asked... but what do you expect from them? I went to the engineer and even the mill manager... guess what? here's the answer...
"IF I TELL YOU, WHAT'S THE POINT OF DOING IT?GO AND FIND IT YOURSELF" I am very lucky if the manager gave some explanation...(which he rarely did since he was busy)... 1 more thing... they expect me to do some hand on jobs... but they were too afraid to let me do the jobs!!! wtf??!! there's one incident where they took me as a scapegoat too!!! damn it!!!

*for those who have no idea click here

another thing that really made me sick was the way they think of something... well, not all of them but majority kills minority right? huh~ I dont think that I should write it down here... I'll tell you guys if you ask me once again... verbally~ haha...

however, looking on the bright side... my IT was not that bad...why? here's some of the reasons



p/s - I was not the only one who agreed with my point(read: giving me works that weren't my field is ridiculous)... the other trainees too, agreed... when the Mechanical Engineering student from UMS were told to learn the process, he confessed to me that it's wasting his time... it's not his field anyway, but for the sake of completiong IT with good comments, he did. Although this crap philosophy(what a word choice huh?) might seems acceptable among students, it might not in the real working world... we are paid to do our job. If our employer asks us to do what's beyond our expectation, than we have to(or at least give it our best) because it's our responsibility...

2 comments:

ruffey said...

heeeee. penoreh getah ka? XD

randy ramli said...

not getah...
kelapa sawit...
hahaa

Post a Comment